Good morning from rainy Orlando!
This week has been really stormy and bad out. Constant rain, thunder and lightning. Right now this is passing over us...
So yesterday when it was getting close to 5:00, I went and changed into my workout clothes and started packing up my stuff... then I looked outside at just how bad it was. Rain was going horizontal and the people outside were being blown around by the wind. Scary!!! I started getting that feeling of wanting to just call it a night and go home and snuggle under a comfy blanket on the couch and watch TV for a few hours. I think we've all had that right? Some of my coworkers were saying "You're not going to workout in this weather are you??" That just furthered my desire to just go home! haha. I decided though that I was already dressed and I had to basically drive past the road to the gym to get home, so I may as well try to go (as long as it was safe to do so).
As I was heading to the gym I got a text from my hubby that there was golf size hail hitting our house! I couldn't believe we were getting HAIL in Orlando! I didn't see any from where I was though. Surprisingly when I got to the gym the weather had let up for a brief moment so I was able to run inside without getting drenched or struck by lightning (I have a horrible fear of being struck! I don't even like to use umbrellas because I worry it'll attract the lightning to me).
I tried a new class yesterday called Body Works Plus Abs. Oh. my. GOSH! It was intense! It was all weights and mainly focused on legs, arms, and a little bit of abs at the end. It was the hardest workout I've done in a long time. It's funny how you can think you're in good shape, and then you do a different type of workout and you feel more out of shape than ever! The hardest part was when we did a ton of work on our calves, hanging our feet off a step, etc. I tend to get charlie horses in my calves very easily so I was really nervous throughout doing those exercises that it would hit me and I'd be the crazy new girl who starts screaming and hopping around in class to get rid of the charlie horse. Luckily I didn't get any in the middle of the night last night either as that happens to me sometimes too. They are the WORST!
So I made it through the class and I have to say, I was very proud that I made myself go to the gym even with the weather making me not really want to. Afterwards I was SO glad I went and the class was such a great workout. I definitely plan to do this again, hopefully every Wednesday!
This morning it's still really yucky out... tornado watches and warnings all over the place around here!
This is what it looked like on my way to work this morning!
I made it to my office without getting TOO drenched thanks to my big old dorky looking rain coat and my umbrella. Haha. I had to walk through puddles up to my shin though, so gross!
If you are having bad weather in your neck of the woods, please be careful and stay safe and warm!
Do you have a hard time working out when the weather is bad? How do you motivate yourself to fight through the urge to have a lazy day on the couch?
way to go on the workout! We got that really bad weather the other night before yall got it. it was so windy and scary with the tornado watches/warnings!
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time being motivated to do ANYTHING when the weather is gloomy!
Whenever the weather is bad, I do not like to go work out. I usually try to find something to do inside, but if it is raining pretty bad, I usually want to stay inside the whole time and just be lazy!
ReplyDelete