I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I love to be able to create things that I know what all is going into it, can choose healthy ingredients and substitutions, etc. I HATE grocery shopping, the time it takes, and doing the dishes and cleaning up afterwards. I think if I worked part-time or something I would cook much more, but I still do try to cook when I can.
One thing I do is look for recipes that are quick and easy so I don't get overwhelmed and frustrated. Also, I look for recipes that don't have a TON of ingredients, as well as things that I can stock up on that don't go bad.
One of my all-time favorite go to recipes is Chicken Stir-Fry. It's quick, easy, yummy, and pretty healthy in my opinion!
Here is the recipe... it's very interchangeable, and you can substitute things that you like. I found the original recipe from http://www.food.com/ and have played around with it a little bit. I love http://www.food.com/! Also, Cooking Light has some great recipes as well. Read the reviews too... they will give you more ideas on things to add or swap out!
Chicken Stir-Fry
Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or less or more depending on how much you like), cut into chunks
3 cloves garlic or equivalent in the jarred minced garlic
3 heads broccoli, cut
1/2-1 cup baby carrot, sliced thin
1 small onion, sliced
1 (16 ounce) package snow peas, fresh or frozen
OR
substitute ALL fresh veggies (and time and chopping) for a bag of frozen veggies... I use the walmart brand frozen bags of veggies that specifically say stir-fry veggie medley... no preservatives and still full of flavor!
2 -4 teaspoons sesame oil (you can substitute olive oil, canola, etc. but I think it tastes better with sesame)
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, to taste
2-4 cups hot cooked rice (I use Publix brand brown rice that you can microwave)
Directions:
1. Put rice in microwave/on stove to cook while you prep the chicken/veggies
2. Heat about a tsp or two of sesame oil over high heat in a large skillet.
3. Add garlic and sauté until golden.
4. Add chicken, sprinkled with salt and pepper if desired, and stir fry until no longer pink (you may need to lower the heat so garlic doesn't burn.) Remove chicken and garlic from pan.
5. Add another tsp or two of sesame oil and return to high heat.
6. Add all vegetables and stir fry until tender.
7. Add back chicken and garlic and add teriyaki sauce.
8. Stir fry another minute or two.
9. Serve over hot cooked rice.
ENJOY!!! :)
What are some of your favorite quick and healthy recipes? Do you look online for recipes or come up with them on your own?
That looks yummy!! I may have to try it! :0)
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! I will have to copy this recipe and try it!
ReplyDeleteThanks y'all! Let me know what you think if you make it! :)
ReplyDelete