We have been dealing with a lot of drama with companies since moving into our house... specifically with Rooms To Go (furniture store) and Comcast. I will tell anyone I know to NEVER use either of those two places if you can avoid it. We have spent hours on the phone with both of these places to get no real solution to any of our problems... so much so that now we are over our minutes on our cell phones. Grr.
Oh and not to mention that someone burned down my patio table this weekend! Yes I'm completely serious. Here's proof if you don't believe me!
However, I was thinking specifically about how our exercise plans don't go quite as planned.
For example... on Wednesday I wanted to workout after work but had a last minute presentation after hours that took until 8pm. I don't know about you, but I'm not devoted enough to workout after a 12 hour day- I head straight for the fridge and then the couch!
Thursday I planned to go to spin and made it there right on time- got the last bike! So that day did actually go as planned, and I got in a great workout!
Saturday I had to do a presentation for 100 screaming middle schoolers... fun times! I still did the 6 Week 6 Pack on demand workout but felt like I needed to do more... just no time.
Sunday I decided I was going to go for a run. I was determined to have a good run with no knee pain and was hoping for 5 miles. That didn't go as planned either... I ran 3.8 miles and had some knee pain (not bad enough I couldn't run though) starting at mile 2. At first I was really upset. I really had set myself up thinking this would be the day all my it band issues would just magically go away... then I realized that wasn't really realistic. Yes, I've been doing good with my it band exercises/stretches and foam rolling, but really only consistently for a couple weeks. I also wasn't able to use the knee strap I had planned on using that I bought from Running Warehouse because it had disapeared after our housewarming party... pretty sure it accidentally got thrown away (another thing that didn't go as planned).
What do you do when things don't go as planned? How do you prioritize your exercise plans with other life plans that also need to get done?
Great post babe. I love the pics of the furbabies. Haha. They look retarded.
ReplyDeleteI hear ay! I have a blog post witht he exact same title ha! We have been frustrated with moving, specifically our movers and internet service, its so frustrating when people dont do what they are supposed to, I have no more faith in mankind!
ReplyDeletealso I hear ya on the exercise stuff. sorry your strap got thrown away! mine helps for mild pain, so hopefully it will help you!
Thanks for reading heather! Ugh i hear you on losing faith in mankind. I cannot believe the horrible service we have dealt with. I hope the knee strap helps! I'm excited for it to get here- of course then I'll find the old one. LOL
ReplyDeleteI used a knee strap on my half this past Sun. It helped a whole lot. I know I don't have IT band trouble, but it was the inside of my knee that hurts. I hope things feel better soon with your knee and I hope things get fixed with all the house stuff. I know that can be frustrating to deal with!
ReplyDelete