That being said, I tried the new Fruit & Maple Oatmeal this morning when I was in a pinch for breakfast. I am normally a creature of habit for breakfast and wont feel right unless I start my morning with a big bowl of the Publix brand version of honey bunches of oats with skim milk. I forgot I had ran out of cereal and was running late to work this morning.
I remembered hearing a lot about this new oatmeal at McDonalds and decided to give it a try since there is a McDonalds right next to my new home (not a good idea...)
I have to say, I really liked it! It was light but still filled me up, which I was worried it wouldn't. From the McDonald's web-site, several nutrition facts web-sites, AND the back of the container (which I appreciate!) they claims that it contains 100% natural whole-grain oats, brown sugar, a "touch of cream," (their words, not mine) diced fresh apples, dried cranberries and two kinds of raisins (regular and golden). You can also get the oatmeal withOUT the brown sugar (which is what I did) which lowers the sugar count from 32 grams (eek!) to 18 grams. Still high but considering it has a LOT of apples, raisins and dried cranberries in there, I didn't think it was TOO bad. It also lowers the calories from 290 to 260 for the cup (40 calories from fat) and lowers carbs from 57 grams to 48.
So while I wouldn't call this necessarily a super healthy breakfast, I think it'd be a good last minute grab for breakfast on the go in a hurry. Definitely better than opting for the Sausage, Egg and Cheese McGridle (not that I've ever eaten one of those or anything...whistle.... lol) coming to 560 calories (290 of those from fat). It also boasts 1110 mg of sodium... yuck!
So I'm curious to hear- what are your thoughts on somewhat healthy meals at fast food places? Do you think there is such a thing? What are some of your go to meals to grab in a hurry? Do you think I'm totally crazy in thinking this meal is somewhat decent? :)
And lastly... I'll leave you with a picture of my backyard this morning... the sky looked really neat with all the rain we've been getting so I had to get a picture of it!
That looks yummy! And your new fence is really pretty. I have not seen a fence like that before!
ReplyDelete