Highs:
- I ran 5 miles on Sunday with NO knee pain and I didn't have to walk!! I had some aches and pains in other places from soreness I had already from the body works class I did on Friday, but didn't feel any IT Band pain. I was SO excited, and SO SURPRISED! I thought it'd be a bad run- I hadn't worked out enough last week, only did my it band exercises ONCE (bad I know), was super tired that morning, sore from body works class, and it was pretty hot outside. Somehow though it went great! I was so excited. I even had a pretty decent time IMO for all of those factors.
- I had to go to a day long training on Saturday for a course I teach at UCF called SLS. It's a freshman success course. I was dreading going on a Saturday but was pleasantly surprised with the great information that was shared and a really good guest speaker. It was motivating and I left feeling pumped to teach!
- While I was walking the dogs on Saturday, I saw a bunch of little girls selling "tattoos" for 25 cents each. They were drawing them with washable markers. Nobody was buying so I thought I'd be nice and I gave them a dollar to draw a little heart with a red crayola marker on my wrist. These girls were SO excited and were running up and down the street screaming about getting a "customer." It was just so adorable! Then afterwards I met a neighbor on my street and her husband who both have two dogs similar to ours, and we talked and had a lot in common. I'm excited to have new friends in the neighborhood.
David had Sunday off and we were able to spend some quality time in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon! We have annual passes to the Disney Water Parks and love going and relaxing. - After Typhoon Lagoon, David and I bought a inflatable kiddie pool for us to cool off in at the house, as well as Paisley (our poodle mix who loves the water... Princess hates it). Paisley had so much fun in it! While we were filling it up Paisley jumped right in on her own and splashed around. It was adorable!
Low:
After my SLS training on Saturday which I was surprised how much I enjoyed and left in a great mood... I walked out to my car and realized I had left my lights on and my battery was dead. I had to sit around in the sticky nasty heat until David could come and give my car a jump! At least I had my new Runners World magazine to read. haha.
- Saturday night David and I planned to go out to eat and go shopping but we (OK it was just ME) just couldn't get moving out the door. I tried to find something to wear and that prompted an hour long self-pity fest of how I have nothing to wear and how nothing looks good on me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?? So then we attempted to go shopping so I could find things to wear... well we forgot the mall closes at 9pm and we got there at 8:40. So then we went to Target since that's open until 10pm and I tried on at least 18 things and cried in the dressing room as nothing was working. Not my finest evening!
- David and I got rolled around on the concrete in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. I have "concrete burn" all over my back, arm and knees. Ouch!!!
All in all, it was a good weekend, just TOO QUICK! I have an event at work next weekend so I'll be working all day Saturday again. I'm so excited for the weekend after that to have my full weekend back. :)
Do you have a hard time buying clothes that you like, are flattering to your figure, fit appropriately and are not super expensive? Where do you shop at?
Laura, we need to go shopping together! Maybe you can expand you budget just a smidge and we can work on not worrying about how 'our body doesn't fit into the clothes' and focus more on the fact that it's the clothes that don't fit and move on :) -Jen
ReplyDeleteso jealous you get to go to typhoon lagoon all the time! I haven't been there in YEARS.
ReplyDeleteso sorry about the clothing thing. i do that too sometimes even though my closet is full of clothes!
I want to go to Typhoon lagoon so bad, but Brian is not a big fan of it! Maybe one day!
ReplyDeleteI do that with my clothes too. I feel like I can never find jeans or pants that fit me correctly! It drives me crazy! I finally found some capris that fit how short I am at Cato. I love them!
Ouch...concrete burn sounds awful - even though I'm jealous you were able to spend a Sunday at TL!! Sorry about the burns, RB!! :0)
ReplyDeleteHow CUTE was the tatoo thing with the little girls?! You made their day!!!! lol
Cant believe I am just finding out you have a blog!! Laura I love to shop as you already know so when I am in orlando I will def help you do some damage:) I wish I could be at typhoon lagoon! So jealous!
ReplyDelete-Divya!