Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HOT as... Florida!

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while. I've been SO busy with work and things lately. I had an event on Saturday called OMGraduation! It's an event I came up with and planned (along with some fabulous co-workers!) for Seniors to get all of the information we educate students on in our office in a one-stop-shop format. It was great other than the fact that the AC was broken during the entire event... from 8:30am-3pm. PHEW!!! For anyone not in the South that may not mean a lot in this month, but here in Orlando it is SO HOT already!

So because of all that, I have been dragging a little this week and it's been hard to stay motivated to work out. Monday I set out to do 3 miles with my puppy dog Paisley. I was somewhat excited because it was my first chance to try out my new sunglasses I bought at Running Warehouse. They are the Tifosi Gavia SL Sunglasses in black. I love them! They were only $40 on Running Warehouse, which in my opinion, isn't bad for a nice pair of sunglasses. They even came with a nice fabric pouch to clean the lenses with, and a hard zip up glasses case. I LOVE Running Warehouse too because of their everyday free shipping and return shipping. There's nothing to lose!

We headed out around 5:30pm... it did not go as planned. I already had a feeling it'd be tough as I was just so run down from the weekend and hadn't ate good at all that day. After one mile I had to walk and I only did 2 miles total. Total fail! I was still happy I did SOMETHING though. Paisley was tired too... she normally can run further than me but she was dragging after the first quarter of a mile!


So I decided that I was just going to enjoy the walk. I just felt so exhausted and run down from work I needed the walk. I think Paisley did too... she was actually limping last night and I think it may have been from the run on Monday. :( She is doing better today though! I looked at my weather channel app on my iphone afterwards and it wasn't nearly as hot as I felt like it was which kind of dissapointed me, but it is what it is! I guess we all have off days... mine just happen frequently. Haha!

Even though my run didn't go as planned... my sunglasses worked GREAT! Despite my profuse sweating, they stayed put the entire time and I could see great. I love them! Definitely a good purchase.

In some other news... do you remember my last post where I mentioned hating my clothes and having such an issue clothes shopping? Well I decided to really force myself to go shop and not just give up if I get frustrated. I also decided to go to the Premium Outlets and shop at stores that I would normally avoid as they seemed too expensive in my mind, but I'm realizing I need to change where I shop to find places that compliment my figure, fit right, and are good quality that will last. I was excited as I got some really good deals!!!! I got several dresses, a skirt, shorts, work pants, and lots of tops at LOFT, Anne Taylor, and White House Black Market. Everything was heavily discounted- everything at Anne Taylor was 40% off, even clearance items which is where I got all of my items. I took a picture at work of one of my favorite dresses I bought because I'm a dork and wanted to send a pic to my mom. :)

 
I am super excited to have some clothes that make me feel good and more confident in myself, especially at work! I also went for the first time and got fitted for a bra, and let me tell you- if you haven't, GO DO IT asap! It is life changing!!! I found out I have been wearing the wrong size my whole life and now that I have the correct size, it's such a change. My staps don't fall down and I'm not constantly adjusting. I even feel a complete change in my posture. So go get fitted ladies! :)
 

What are some of your favorite stores to shop at? Do you have certain styles you wear that make you feel more confident?

9 comments:

  1. I didnt know you blogged! But I love it!!! I think I might have to take a trip to VS to get fitted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so cute! I'm in a transition period with clothes into adulthood haha so I feel your pain a little with shopping. I do like JcPennys though
    I've been wanting to go get fitted, and now I might actually have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE dress! I love White House Black Market! Super cute stuff there! :0) Sorry it's been so hot! Your new sunglasses are really cute, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feline's Basement!! I LOVE that store. But of course it isn't here in good ole pcola, and the closest one is in Atlanta :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew you had a blog! I agree about the fitting.... Now I feel so much more confident I'm "supported" instead of "decorated!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that black and white dress. I have only been in that store once and didn't get to look around a whole lot. I need to go back there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a friend is rubbing off on you......I wonder who that could be??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THE DRESS LAURA!! SOOOOOO CUTE!! SKINNY MINNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone!!!

    Lex- DEF go get fitted!!! It seriously makes such a difference!

    Merisa- JC Penney's always has good stuff too! And you should get fitted. :)

    Karen- Thanks!! I love the sunglasses! and YES I LOVE white house black market. Whenever you're in town again we should hit up the outlet! lol

    Andrea- I've never even heard of Feline's Basement! I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :) Miss ya!

    Sara-Jayne- That is a GREAT way to explain it!! lol

    Kayla- Thanks! :) Yes you should go back!! Preferably an outlet store too... lol... they have great sales at the outlet.

    Divya- Jee I wonder??? I went and got makeup today! lol

    Molly- Thanks favorite cousin!! :) You're too kind!

    ReplyDelete