I read something about using avocados in a milkshake in Runners World I believe, and I googled it to find a recipe that sounded doable online. I found the recipe at Skinny Chef. It is actually a traditional treat in Vietnam! I think it tastes just like a chocolate shake, and I think the avocado really helps give it that creamy consistency.
Here is the recipe....
Chocolate Avocado Milkshakes
Serves 2
Ingredients
1/2 ripe hass avocado
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup skim milk
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth and serve over ice.
Easy enough right??? :) I used our magic bullet and it made it really easy to make one cup for myself, and one for my hubby!
Also on a sidenote- I LOVE our magic bullet! It's great for quick smoothies, milkshakes, etc. I love how there are twist on covers (see the blue and red rings on the right) so you can drink right out of the cup you blended in.
I told myself to take a picture of the cup filled with the ingredients before blending and forgot BOTH times I made a cup... sorry! Here is a picture of the yummyness after blending instead. :)
I definitely recommend it! It can satisfy a sweet tooth and get some good fats in from the avocado! Plus I love that there aren't a ton of ingredients and I have all of it on hand at any given time... except the one avocado which is easy enough to pick up at the store.
Even the hubby approves... and this comes from somone who may have eaten half a bag of cadbury mini eggs as well as half a bag of starbust jelly beans for lunch.... lol
The doggies wanted some chocolate too... Princess has been known to devour upwards of 100 hershey kisses in one sitting... (which made for a pretty horrible evening for all of us!).
Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you all try and enjoy the milkshakes. :)
What healthy recipes do you have for desserts that are low on guilt but still yummy and satisfying?
okay, that's interesting...
ReplyDeleteTry it Paula!!! So easy and yummy! :)
ReplyDeleteI might have to try it! I love avocado and chocolate!! I just never had them together!!!
ReplyDeleteYUMMY!!!! I'm so going to try this! Thanks for sharing the recipe, RB!!!! (I love my Magic Bullet, too! lol)
ReplyDeleteI am not a huge fan of avacado, so I am not sure how I would like it. Can you taste the avacado?
ReplyDeleteOk I LOVE Avocados and I LOVE Chocolate. lol but not together, but I will try it out..
ReplyDeleteHouse is looking great!!