Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recipe- Thin Crust Pizza

I love food. I love eating out, junk food, making comfort food at home, you name it... This has always been where I struggle the most! I have gotten a LOT better in the past few years but it's still a challenge everyday, especially when there seems to be no time in the day to pick up real groceries and cook. So I am all about quick and easy recipes that don't require a ton of ingredients, and still are yummy but much healthier and better for you than eating out!

Yesterday I made semi- homemade thin crust pizzas!

Ingredients: (All the ingredients are too taste, I didn't measure anything out. Sorry!)
- whole wheat tortillas (medium size)
- tomato sauce of any kind (I used leftover spaghetti sauce we had in the fridge)
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- chopped red onions and green bell peppers
- cut up canadian bacon
- seasoning (dried basil, oregano, whatever you want)
- whatever other toppings/sauces/seasoning you want!


Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake tortillas for a couple minutes on each side until they're a little crispy
- Take out of the oven and cover with sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you want! Then place back in the oven until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is as crispy as you would like.



This recipe is SO easy and surprisingly yummy! Try it for an easy, quick and FUN weekday meal. I was a little worried it wouldn't fill me up, but since I cut it up into four small slices and slowly ate it I felt pretty satisfied. I also had a side baby spinach and arugula salad with light balsamic and basil vinaigrette.

It smelled so good, Paisley wanted to get a bite herself! :)

What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like to make pizza at home or do you always order out?

4 comments:

  1. Mushroom and onion is always a favorite, but we're recently into pineapple and jalapeno - the sweet and spicy are soooo yummy together! I'm actually going to try to make my own soon...as in make the dough from scratch. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks really yummy!

    I have a pizza in the oven now! I use whole wheat crust with tomato sauce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, and cheese! Soooo good!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gary makes a great white pizza with garlic, olive oil, mozz, and ricotta :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole- That sounds delicious!! I've actually thoguht about making my own dough but that would defeat the "quick and easyness" of this recipe lol. Maybe a weekend project! :)

    Karen- Thanks! Yours sounds delicious!!! I will need to use spinach next time!

    Jen- Yummmmm, recipe please? :)

    ReplyDelete