Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lots of NEW Updates!

So for those of you who haven't heard- I GOT THE JOB at UCF (University of Central Florida)!! I will be the Coordinator for Career Development there, mainly doing career counseling with students, doing presentations and workshops, etc. I'm so excited!

It's been a whirlwind lately. I graduated two saturday's ago, left on the following Sunday for SoACE (southern association for colleges and employers- my old boss and I co-presented there!) which was through Wednesday. We got to stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville! Got back Wednesday night, left Thursday night to stay at my parents for the night so my Dad and I could get up early to head out to Orlando to look at places for David and I! David can't take any time off right now... the holiday's are so busy and he's getting ready to be tranferred to a store in orlando.

After 3 full day of seeing apartment after apartment (and after 1 small mental breakdown on my part), we decided on a place! I uploaded pictures every night to share with David! LOL. In the midst of all that, we took an hour or so to go see the campus so I could show my Dad around a little bit. He even got to see where I'd be working!


Ultimately we decided on a townhome that is in an apartment community near the international airport. It's a pretty good midway point, as David and I are both on the opposite ends of orlando basically with our jobs. We're so exited to have more of a "house" feel and a GARAGE!! yay! lol


The official move-in date is the 31st of this month, so I have a LOT to do! Unfortunately David wont be able to come down until probably a week later, so it's going to be interesting to say the least trying to get everything down there and unpacked.

Oh and the half-marathon is in like 2 weeks?? UM CRAP! haha. The past couple weeks I have had NO time to run or do anything, which sucks considering I'd been training for months... I finally managed to run this morning for a pretty good 5 miler. I'm hoping to do 10 miles this weekend, 11 the next, and then hopefully be ready for the half the following weekend (13.1 miles). Wish me luck! Should be interesting.


So, LOTS of changes, that are exciting but scary and overwhelming all at the same time!

Oh, and yesterday was my birthday! Dad and I decided last minute to go to Disney for my bday while we were down there anyways, because this year on your birthday you can get into Disney for free, AND military and retired military get free tickets as well... so we had a wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom and soaked in the magic and Christmas spirit! It was much needed after a very stressful past couple of days.


I hope to post regularly on here about things going on with us while we start a new adventure! I'm excited to share with everyone. Please leave us comments! :)
Love,
Laura and David

No comments:

Post a Comment