Sunday, January 31, 2010

Loving Life!

Well I've been at my new job for 1 week and a day, and I love it! I am just so exciting every morning to go to work (which is saying something considering I have to get up around 5am! that's really early for me! lol). The campus is just beautiful and I'm just continuously blown away by the campus. Did you know that University of Central Florida is the third largest college in the NATION? AND it was only founded in I believe 1963, so it's very young for a university! Just a little tid bit for ya. ;)

Friday was my official orientation through HR and so now I'm having the fun decision of choosing health insurance options, retirement package, etc. Soooo much to choose from my mind is just spinning. Pension or investment plan?? HMO or PPO? hmm!

Well last weekend Melissa (sister in law), Cliff (brother in law, david's brother) and Kiley (our niece!) came to visit us, and we had lots of fun hanging out, playing mini golf, and eating! lol. We are looking forward to another visit from them this coming weekend.









This weekend I've enjoyed being totally lazy and just hanging around, doing laundry, watching, tv, etc. Last night David and I went to eat at Tony Romas (we had a buy one get one free coupon, yay!) and then rented the new Night at the Museaum from Redbox... we really liked it! I loved seeing DC in the movie and am now already trying to plan my next trip back!
I did manage to do a longer run this morning, 6.5 miles or so... longest one I've done since the half and it was harder than it should be lol. My knees and hips are hurting, makes me feel like an old lady.
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been staying pretty busy! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend, Laura! :0) I loved night at the Museum 2! I would love to visit DC one day..I've never been! Jason and I have talked about it! Great job on the run! Sorry you are hurting! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second Night at the Museum!! We have it on blue ray. Great job on your run! That is awesome. I am glad you are enjoying your job too. That is so great that you actually enjoy getting up that early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Kayla I wouldn't say I ENJOY getting up that early, but I am still excited about where I'm going. lol. When I'm hitting that snooze button though I stil would be pretty happy to stay there for a few more hours. lol.
    Karen- you should DEF go to DC!!! it's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete